Minecraft version 1.8.2 has just arrived on your xbox! Everyone get on your 360!
All sorts of new stuff have been added! Endermen, hunger, abandoned mineshafts, new food, and way more! Full feature list below!
Change log for 1.8.2 Title Update (TU5)
– Added Creative Mode.
– Disabled Achievements and Leaderboard updates if the player is in Creative Mode, or if the world has been previously saved in Creative Mode.
– Added a simple tutorial for Creative Mode.
– Added sprinting to Survival Mode.
– Added flying and sprint-flying to Creative Mode.
– Added new mobs – Enderman, Cave Spiders and Silverfish.
– Added new items to the game – Melon, Melon Slice, Melon Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Raw/Cooked Beef, Raw/Cooked Chicken, Rotten Flesh, Iron Bars, Fence Gate, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs, Ender Pearl, Web, Vines, 10 more Music Discs, Sponge and Chain Armor.
– Added new items to the crafting menu – Melon, Melon Seeds, Glass Pane, Fence Gate, Iron Bars, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs.
– Added terrain generation features – Strongholds, Villages, Abandoned Mineshafts and Ravines.
– Biome code additions, including rivers and oceans.
– Changed the bow to have drawing and firing action.
– Added a quick move to the dispenser.
– Added a quick equip for armor to the inventory interface.
– Added a quick move for ingredients and fuel in the furnace interface.
– Brought forward the mining speed changes from 1.2.3
– Brought forward apples dropping from leaf blocks from 1.1
– Brought forward change from 1.2.3 to make pumpkins and melons grow from stems much faster, and not require farmland around the stem to grow on.
– Fix to vines brought forward from 1.2.3 to stop them spreading too much.
– Added the Food Bar to the HUD.
– Added stacking for food items.
– Added the eating animation.
– Enabled crafting mushroom stew without a crafting table.
– Added the blocking move with swords.
– Changed all the text descriptions for food to show how much they refill the food bar.
– Passive mobs will now flee when hit.
– The snout on pigs now protrude from their head.
– Skeletons now hold full size bows.
– Animals no longer despawn which makes it possible to capture them.
– Zombies now drop Rotten Flesh instead of Feathers.
– Updated some mob sounds.
– Shears can now collect Tall Grass and the new Vine.
– Improved sunrise and sunset.
– Improved the rain edges (when looking up in rain).
– User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay.
– Cloud height raised to the top of the map, so clouds can no longer phase through blocks.
– Cloud movement syncs with the game’s time.
– Both Wooden and Stone pressure plates can now be placed on fences.
– Improved chest model with a 3D lock, and opening and closing animation.
– Added a countdown timer to the autosave to stop it being such a surprise.
– Added the ability to rename an existing saved world.
– Added map icons to the in-game player list to match their color in the map.
– Added a confirmation dialog on the player choosing to exit without saving.
– Added a character display when sprinting or flying.
– Updated the How To Play HUD with the Food Bar information.
– Added descriptions for Creative Mode and Sprinting to the How To Play menus.
– Updated the Download Content menu with pictures of the DLC available.
– Added death messages.
– Removed Herobrine.
Options Changes and Additions:-
– Changed the Gamertags Display option to mean display/hide gamertags in-game and on maps.
– Added an option to select Creative Mode or Survival Mode on creating or loading a world.
– Added an option to disable clouds.
– Added additional options to the world creation – Superflat land (creates a flat world near bedrock in both the Overworld and the Nether), enable/disable Structures and Bonus Chest.
– Added Host options – toggles for Player Versus Player, Trust Players to stop players being able to mine without permission from the Host, Fire Spread, TNT Explodes, and Host Privileges.
– Added in-game player options for the host – Can Build and Mine, Moderator, Kick Player, Can Fly, Disable Exhaustion, Invisible.
– Store the Online, Invite Only, and Friends of Friends options in the player’s profile.
Tutorial World Changes:-
– Changed the Tutorial world to enable the new terrain features in it.
– Added mini tutorial for sprinting in the Tutorial world.
– Added mini tutorial for eating in the Tutorial world.
– Added Music Disc Quests in the Tutorial world – players can search the world for the 12 chests, each containing one of the Music Discs that can be played in a Jukebox.
– Fix for duplication glitch.
– Fix for aspect ratio of things in hand when in splitscreen mode.
– Fix for issue with player data not saving (player starting world with no items they had when they saved).
– Fix for redstone tiles burning out when they shouldn’t.
– Fixed issue with Minecart with Furnace not being able to move another Minecart.
– Fixed particle code for flipped 3rd person view.
Change log for 1.7.3 Bug Fix Title Update (TU4)
– Fix for a crash with pistons at the edge of the world
– Fix for a crash due to a thread safety issue usually caused by pistons
– Fix for issue with operating pistons on chunk boundaries
– Fix for a rendering flicker with active pistons
– Fix for rendering slowdown due to lighting issues
– Fix for rain going through blocks (raining indoors)
– Fix for Marketplace not launching when unlocking skin pack after selecting a locked skin in the trial version of the skin pack
– Fix for bug allowing locked skins to be selected if they are beside a free skin
– Fix for misaligned player scores when viewed under the “My Score” leaderboard filter
– Fix for the constant button press sounds when rotating a character in the skin select screen
– Fix for the constant sound effect played on the sign text entry
– Fix for thunder not being audible
– Fix for third person front view not displaying fire.
Change log for 1.7.3 Title Update (TU3)
– Added Pistons & Sticky Pistons.
– Added Stackable fences.
– Added Shears – required to get wool from sheep, and to collect leaf blocks.
– TNT needs Flint and Steel or Redstone to detonate.
– Redstone wire will now connect to a repeater.
– New textures for Cobblestone and Brick.
– Added Character Skin Selector to allow players to choose their skin from the default skins, or from Downloadable Content skin packs.
– Added lighting improvements (brought forward from 1.8.2 update) and snow & rain improvements.
– Added a save file cache to improve the speed of displaying the saves list.
– Added ban list functionality to allow players to self-ban from levels they feel contain offensive content.
– Added a ban list section to the How To Play menus.
– Added an option for the host to limit online games to only players in their friends list (no friends of friends).
– Added a seed display to the level load screen (requires existing levels to be saved out again to add the display).
– Changed the tooltip display setting to in-game tooltip display, so that tooltips always display in menus.
– Added the crosshair to the list of things affected by the opacity slider.
– On using the quickselect bar, the opacity of the quickselect, tooltips, splitscreen gamertag display, and crosshair will be set to 80,
and will fade back down to the user opacity setting after 6 seconds of no quickselect bar use.
– Added some more Tips & Trivia to the loading/saving screen display.
Tutorial World changes & additions:-
– Added optional tutorial for Pistons and Redstone.
– Added a self-building bridge to the castle using Pistons.
– Added some sugar cane, cactii and clay to the world.
– Added a few other things for players to discover.
– Fix for only the host being shown the pop-up when any player attempts to place lava near the spawn point.
– Fixed tooltip for Flint and Steel.
– Fix for Note blocks not showing notes.
– Fix for Leaderboard reads taking too long.
– Fix to block players re-entering a level they have been kicked from, until the level is restarted.
– Fix to stop players being able to join a game when they are not a friend of any player in the game.
– Fix for Netherracks re-appearing after being mined.
– Fix for a rare crash on entering the Nether.
– Fix for attacking enemies at a different level not damaging them.
– Fixed a problem causing some save games not to load.
– Removed Herobrine.
Change log for 1.6.6 Bug Fix Title Update (TU2)
* Added an autosave, and the ability to turn autosave off, or set it from 15 minutes up to 2 hours in 15 minute steps.
* Split the sensitivity controls into an in-game sensitivity and an in-menu sensitivity.
* Added an Interface Opacity slider in the settings for plasma screen users.
* Added a gamertag display in splitscreen, and the ability to enable/disable it in the settings.
* Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable in-game hints.
* Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable tooltips.
* Added a co-ordinate display to the in-game map.
* Added new sections in the How To Play on Multiplayer, Sharing Screenshots, and What’s New.
* Added a warning message when attempting to place lava near the spawn area.
* Fix for the leaderboard crash when toggling between filters/leaderboards.
* Fix for server disconnect message appearing when offline or in leaderboards.
* Fix for issue where posting a screenshot to Facebook caused a back out to the main menu.
* Fix for clay generation.
* Fix for ‘Awaiting Approval’ showing all the time on some signs.
* Various crafting menu fixes.
* Fix for being able to stand on sugarcane.
* Fix for intermittent crash on saving.
* Fix for duplication bug with the furnace and the dispenser.
* Fix for not being able to place water near the spawn area.
* Fix for intermittent problem on entering the Nether putting the player above the Nether world.
* Fix for frame-rate drop around the edge of the world.
* Fix for intermittent problem where some achievements were not being awarded.
* Fix for graphical issue with stairs.
* Fix for issue with enemies spawning inside a house when they shouldn’t.
* Fix for Zombie Pigmen not being counted for leaderboard scores.