The company released its year-end awards today with many of this year’s big titles coming out on top. Raptr’s awards were based on data from gamer behavior and activities, including average individual playtime, average session length and total playtime share. Below are just some of the award winners. A complete look at Raptr’s report can be seen here.
The recipients of Raptr’s “Most Played Awards of 2011” are as follows:
• Most Played Game – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
• Most Played Shooter – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
• Most Played RPG – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
• Most Played Open-World Game – Batman: Arkham City
• Most Played Sports Game – FIFA Soccer 12
• Most Played Social Game – The Sims Social
• Most Played New IP – L.A. Noire
• Most Successful Paid to Free-to-Play Game – DC Universe Online
Highlights from the report include:
• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 earned double the amount of playtime in its opening month than Battlefield 3 did in its opening month.
• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim dominated the RPG category with six times more total playtime than the closest competitor, Dragon Age 2.
• DC Universe Online experienced a 2500% increase in total playtime per day after switching from a subscription business model to free-to-play.
• The Sims Social accumulated more total playtime in its opening month than all other social games released in 2011 in their respective opening months.